That is the question, Dear Shakespeare. Whether ’tis nobler to write the post now or would it be better to do it later. The slings and arrows of other commitments, like spending time with family.
It case the above is unfamiliar to you, its a very paraphrased quote from Hamlet. Here’s the question in plain English:
Should I write this post and then put it on the web while I have time,
Or fear that I will not have time to do it?
To let you know I am writing this post on Sunday (a little while before the Super Bowl) and it will appear on the site Monday morning. Why would I do this? There are a multitude of reasons:
- The search engines like content regularly.
- I don’t want to be writing this while I should be working.
- What if I was on vacation for a week and want to keep giving out gems of info. Do I cry and complain until I get to a cyber cafe? No!
- I’m sometimes not in the mood to write.
- Making money on the web is supposed to being freeing, I’m not creating another job. I make this on my schedule and post it when I want.
- It saves time to batch activities.
- There’s more, but that’s enough for now…
So how do I do this trick?
First go into your WordPress Admin and start to write a new post ( Write –> Posts ). You do have a blog right? I suggest you get one.
Now look on the right hand column… There is a box with the words Post Timestamp, make it viewable (if closed click the +). An image of this box is below:
Notice I clicked the “Edit timestamp” and made the date when I want this to show on the site. Keynote: 1) This post will not show until after 7:15 am. 2) If no one goes to your website until 9 am, that post won’t show up on the site until 9 am. This means it won’t ping update services until someone visits the site after 7:15 am. Also if you go to the site and the post doesn’t show, refresh the page. Your first visit sets the updating in progress.
So if you are planning a vacation, big project or anything else that will prevent you from updating your website/blog, Set It & Forget It.
This post will save you some time, money or headache; please consider bookmarking this post with your favorite Web 2.0 site (Digg, Reddit, StumbleUpon, etc.) and then making a comment here.
The language used to express the ideas in this blog is very clear to understand.That is no further clarification is required.Nice post!
Lots of guys talk about this topic but you wrote down really true words!!