Do you have books, DVDs, CDs and other items lying around your house? Have you used them in the last year? I have alot of said items that are using up space. I’m planning to get rid of many of these items over the next month.
Why would you unclutter your house? Two Reasons:
- Sanity– Many studies have shown that a cluttered house causes anxiety. So clean it up and reduce your stress, this can help you get your creative juices flowing.
- Money– As a fast food restaurant slogan goes, “Because you gotta eat.” Selling items helps raise money to pay bills (car, house, utilities, etc.) or fund product launches (marketing, producing, paying fees, etc.).
Here’s what I’m going to do with them:
- Trash– There are items that have little to no value that it would be easier just to throw them away. Magazines, newspapers, receipts (non-business ones), etc.
- Donate– Medium value items are good to donate to your local Goodwill or Salvation Army. The money they make on them will help their programs continue. You can get a receipt to get a tax deduction, but many times I forgo that. I that by giving to others, I will get more back later (Law of Reciprocity).
- Sell– Those items that have a higher dollar value can be sold at auction. They need to be higher dollars due to the fact of shipping, listing and credit card cost. As a minimum I would say something that sells for $20 or more. If you end up making a regular business of this your figure may go up or down. Don’t forget to figure in your time, it is valuable.
To get started visit the link below and start listing items:
I’ll give more tips soon to help you out. If you have specific questions, leave a comment. To let you know I have gotten warnings from EBay before for violations I didn’t know existed. If you get too many of those, you lose your account no matter how many positive ratings you have. Stay tuned to learn…
p.s. Just say no to clutter. Tell me your clutter story, best one gets a prize.